Let the sun heat your water
Getting the most out of your solar water heating system
Schedule your household's peak use of hot water, particularly washing cloths and dishes, for daylight hours, particularly mid-afternoon.
Also, you can reduce your household's overall consumption of hot water by:
- utilizing full-load capacity of your dishwasher and washing machine
- using cold or warm water clycles when washing clothes.
- taking showers instead of baths. Showers use less hot water than baths.
- installing flow restrictors in sink faucets.
- installing energy saving showerheads.
- making a habit out of looking for ways to reduce hot water usage.